Ronald S. Jurzyk MD, FAAD
Dr. Ronald S. Jurzyk is the founder and President of Advanced Dermatology Center P.C. Dr. Jurzyk is a Double Board-Certified Dermatologist located in Wolcott, CT. Dr. Jurzyk obtained his undergraduate degree from the University of Connecticut School of Pharmacy, graduating with Honors and was elected to the Rho Chi National Pharmacy Honor Society. He remains a licensed Pharmacist in Connecticut. Dr. Jurzyk graduated from Drexel University School of Medicine / Hahnemann in Philadelphia and was elected into the AOA National Medical Honor Society. He then completed his Dermatology Residency and Dermatopathology Fellowship in Philadelphia. Dr. Jurzyk is an Assistant Clinical Professor of Dermatology at the University of Connecticut School of Medicine. He is a Fellow of both the American Academy of Dermatology and the American Society of Dermatopathology. He is a member of the Connecticut State Medical Society, the Connecticut Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery Society and the Wolcott Chamber of Commerce.
- Double Board Certified: Dermatology and Dermatopathology
- MD: Drexel University School of Medicine / Hahnemann
- BS: Pharmacy, University of Connecticut
Academic Honors & Awards:
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- Nomination to Chairman’s Medicine Honors Program
- Rho Chi Pharmaceutical Honor Society
- National College Deans List
- Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology
- Fellow of the American Society of Dermatopathology
- Connecticut State Medical Society
- Connecticut Dermatology and Dermatology Surgery Section of CSMS
Awards and Achievements:
- Hall of Fame, Wolcott, CT Circle of Sports
- Connecticut Top Doctors: Dr. Jurzyk has been named by Connecticut Magazine as one of Connecticut’s Top Doctors in Dermatology by his peers’ numerous amounts of years.
David Suhocki Physician Assistant
Saint Francis University:
- Master of Healthcare Sciences in Physician Assistant Studies
- Bachelor of Healthcare Studies
- Graduated Cum Laude
- National Commission Certification of Physician Association
- American Association of Physician Assistants
- Society of Dermatology Physician Assistants
- NCCPA Surgical Certification
Deanna J.C. Zimkus Physician Assistant
Deanna joined Advanced Dermatology Center in January of 2012. A native Rhode Islander, she settled in Connecticut after graduating from Quinnipiac University in 2009. As a new graduate, she first practiced in pediatric and adult emergency medicine. Since high school she has always had a love for dermatology and disorders affecting the skin. Deanna is active in state and national PA professional organizations and regularly precepts PA students.
- Master of Health Science / Physician Assistant Certificate
- Bachelor of Health Science; Cum Laude
Connecticut Academy of Physician Assistants
- Immediate Past President
- Vice President
- Reginal Director
- Membership Committee Chair
- Education and Conference Planning Co- Chair
American Academy of Physician Assistants Fellow Member
- Connecticut Delegate for AAPA House of Delegates
Society of Dermatology Physician Assistants Fellow Member
Connecticut State Medical Society Associate Member
Faculty: Connecticut Academy of Pas; Charter Oak Conference
- Skin Cancer Review
- Commonly Encountered Dermatoses in Clinical Practice
- Cutaneous Manifestations of Systemic Disease
Faculty: Connecticut Academy of PAs; Student Leadership Symposium
- Becoming a PA Leader / How to Get Involved
- Sacred Heart University Physician Assistant Program; Adjunct Faculty and Clinical Preceptor
- Quinnipiac University Physician Assistant Program; Adjunct Faculty and Clinical Preceptor
- Ferenczi, K., Berke, A., Cichon, D., Jurzyk, R., Varicella-zoster virus vaccination-induced granulomatous dermatitis; October 2014. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology. 71(4), d131-132.
Dr. John Schmidt MD
Dr. Schmidt holds advanced degrees from The City University of New York, Columbia University, and the University of Alabama, Birmingham. He has been inducted into several honor societies and has been awarded several honors and stipends at his graduations. Because of his academic scholarship he was able to graduate medical school in less than 3 years. He completed his residency training at Yale and has remained continuously on staff for more than 30 years. He has been a clinical faculty member of Yale School of Medicine, recently becoming an assistant professor, as well as the coordinator for plastic surgery training for residents. Dr. Schmidt has had the honor of doing post-graduation training with giants in the cosmetic surgery including Dr. Howard Smith and Dr. Donald Wood-Smith. Dr. Schmidt has done numerous pro bono surgical procedures at both Yale and St. Raphael Hospital. He and his wife have recently endowed a fund at Yale University that assists the surgical residents’ staff with outreach programs in Africa.
Iole. M. Punzo-Mocabee RN, BSN- Aesthetic Nurse Specialist
Iole Punzo RN, BSN is certified in aesthetics from The New England School of Aesthetics Education where she trained for over 800 hours in both comfort and medical aesthetics. She is a graduate of St. Joseph College where she received her BSN in nursing with a minor in Biology. Iole has been in the medical field for over 20 years of which over a decade in aesthetics alone. Her interest in aesthetics medical stems from the many years of caring and working in the field of ICU / trauma and surgery.
It has always been her goal to preserve a sense of dignity and confidence in someone while healing their physical injuries. Her passion has led her out of the clinical setting and into the home. “I have had the chance to help give someone back their life in the ICU not I can aid in restoring their confidence and love for life.” Whether it be through feeding the soul with massage or implementing treatments to remodel a scar, she has always dedicated herself to helping a client reach that goal.
Iole Punzo is certified with Cynosure, Alma and Sciton lasers for skin resurfacing, pigment, laser hair removal and vascular lesion therapies, she is certified through Aesthetics Advancements and trained with several vascular surgeons in the treatment of sclerotherapy and laser vein removal. Iole is also certified in Thermage, Ulthera and Venus Freeze which are the standard skin tightening systems on the market today. She has assisted physicians in many surgical procedures in medical spa and surgical center facilities, such as scar revisions, blepharoplasties, facelifts, body augmentations and laser assisted liposuction. Iole has advanced training in Coolsculpting technology and has performed several hundred treatments in the past 5 years.
Iole received her injectables certification through the accreditation Council for Medical Aesthetics at Beth Israel Medical Center in New York City. Her training certifies her in neurotoxin and filler administration. She has been certified as a master injector through Allergan in facial sculpting with the latest liquid facelift techniques. Her formal training is also in various treatments such as PRP therapy for hair stimulation and skin rejuvenation.
Iole is devoted to her clients and wellbeing. In doing so she has kept skin blogs and written several skin related articles keeping her clients updated and informed of the latest.
Iole joined Advanced Dermatology Center in 2018 “It is an honor and a privilege to work with such an incredible team.”
Iole lives behind her philosophy “Only 100% client satisfaction and quality. It takes, hard work, passion, expertise and determination to maintain that expectation. That expectation is our standard. No other will do!”
Carol A. Jurzyk Aesthetician
For over 20 years Carol has treated aesthetic clients at Advanced Dermatology Center P.C.
She acquired her bachelor’s degree in Fashion Merchandising from the University of Connecticut. She has worked in the beauty, fashion and health industry for over 30 years. After receiving her Aesthetic License from The Institute of Aesthetic Arts & Science in 2000, she then introduced Aesthetic services and products at Advanced Dermatology.
Carol’s passion is to help her clients redefine what beauty means by coaching her clients on a proper skincare routine and decide which aesthetic services are best for them.
Her mission is to educate and transform her client’s skin as well as their confidence.
Institute of Aesthetic Arts & Science
University of Connecticut
- Bachelor of Science- Family Studies / Fashion Merchandising
Certified Holistic Life Coach- Bloom Yoga
Certified Transformational Life Coach- Women Empowering Women Academy
- Spa Hive – Spa Professional Community
- Aesthetic International Association
- Associated Skin Care Professionals
- International Association of Women
- CT Coalition of Esthetics & Nails
- Waterbury Regional Chamber
- Passion, Power & Purpose Networking
- President Bristol Women Empowering Women Networking
- Lash Lift and Tinting
- Skincare and Product Consultations